2020 Summer Stakeholder Information Meetings
The SWA is hosting e information meetings to provide updates on implementations of new ordinances, proposed County Code changes, SWA dissolution, and Senate Bill 1383.
Meetings will be held on June 25, July 23, and August 20 at 9:00 A.M. through Skype.
To join, follow this link: tinyurl.com/SWASummerMeetings
Download the flyer for the meeting here.
Click here to download the June 25 SWA Summer Stakeholder Informational Meeting Presentation
Click here to download the July 23 SWA Summer Stakeholder Informational Meeting Presentation
Current List of Franchise Haulers
Commercial Waste Haulers
Haulers who collect, transport, transfer, dispose and/or recycle commercially-generated solid waste including putrescible organic material, must have a current valid franchise to operate in the SWA region. Franchises are non-exclusive, meaning that SWA policies allow franchised haulers to collect material throughout the SWA service area. All requirements, including annual renewal, quarterly tonnage and monthly revenue reports, are detailed in
For assistance on filling out the application or to determine whether the franchise requirements apply,
Services must include:
- Written service agreements with customers (4.01.090D)
- Commitment to the diversion of recyclable material (2.01.0805, 2.01.230, 2.01.220)
- Auditable recordkeeping and willingness to provide customer data upon request (2.01.190C)
- Containers and vehicles that clearly identify ownership (2.01.330)
- Office located within SWA service area
- Franchisees can exclude tonnage from the
Rural Exclusion Zone from their quarterly diversion mandate